Sunday, August 19, 2012

FUNctional wedding hair

During the consultation for Rachael's wedding updo, she expressed she wanted fun hair yet it had to be functional. She didn't want "80's curls," and I could tell from her personality the updo needed to be intricate, intriguing and unique. She also expressed the need to be able to hop on the back of her new husband's Harley, wrap a sparkly bandanna around her head and have it hold whilst riding off 55 plus mph on the motorcycle. Having it look fantastic when she got off was my main concern. Our final creation... I pulled all but a few strands back off her face by braiding it sideways to hold all those hairs tightly in place, then I did knots in the second row and finally did twists on the bottom. Ensuring it would be solid to the wear and tear of a motorcycle ride. It held up magnificently throughout the whole night and there were no touch-up's needed. Thus proving you can have fun and functionality all in one!




1 comment:

  1. I got to see this work of art in action. You did a MAGNIFICENT JOB, Monica!!! It was the BEST! It fit her personality and her need to a T. I think you did a BRILLIANT job!!! I was amazed.

    ReplyDelete